Knowing Myself and Others
Children’s self-awareness and increasing discovery of others are expanding rapidly at this level. With that in mind, the kindergarten program provides a holistic approach to learning: social, physical, mental, and emotional. Emphasis is placed on developing readiness skills as well as visual and auditory discrimination. Social skills and problem-solving abilities are enhanced, which are essential ingredients for later success in school. Our kindergarteners consistently score well-above-average on national achievement tests. The curriculum has been established to meet the standards set by the Ohio Department of Education.
Did You Know that We …
- Offer a full-day kindergarten program, which is fully certified and taught by a licensed kindergarten teacher at our Holland and Waterville centers?
- Provide transportation from other CDC locations to Holland, so you have one drop-off and pick-up point if you have younger children enrolled at our centers?
- Offer curriculum that’s fully aligned with Ohio K-12 Content Standards?
- Are a chartered, non-public school approved by the Ohio Department of Education, the same as parochial schools?
- Have consistent, high-quality standards that our parents have come to expect?
- Have a safe, secure, familiar, and protective environment?
- Have better student/teacher ratios than public schools?
- Have proven results, with children scoring in the 80th percentile and above on national tests?
- Offer an easier transition from pre-K to kindergarten because there is continuity between teachers?
- Have classrooms that are child-centered, which encourages creativity as well as academics?
- Offer a Christian-based program and atmosphere?
- Have a single fee that includes the Kindergarten Program, lunch, snacks, and before- and after-school care at the child’s home center from 6:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.?