Discover the Difference at Children’s Discovery Center
In June 1982, with an extensive background in early childhood education, a love of children, and a few innovative ideas, Lois Mitten Rosenberry, founder and CEO of Children’s Discovery Center, opened the first CDC location.
For 30 years, Children’s Discovery Center has grown from that first center in Arrowhead Park, Maumee, to eight locations, providing full-day educational child care for over 1,500 children in the greater Toledo area.
Why are so many Toledo area families choosing Children’s Discovery Center as their child care provider? Look at the results.
- Real learning in all academic areas including reading, math, science, foreign language, and music takes place because children are immersed in activities and projects that are relevant to their developing minds.
- Children’s Discovery Center kindergarten students consistently score well-above-average on national achievement tests.
- For 30 years, Children’s Discovery Center has been providing the highest quality child care to Toledo area families. Recognized nationally for outstanding programs and innovative facilities, Children’s Discovery Center continues to be the provider of choice for those families looking for a caring, creative learning environment for their children.
Your choice of child care will have a lasting impact on your child. Before enrolling anywhere else, discover the difference at Children’s Discovery Center.
Excellent Educational Program
- World-renowned, project-based educational philosophy
- Educational consultant ensures compliance with Ohio’s early learning content standards
- Degreed teachers
- Professional staff
- Ongoing staff training
- Enrichment classes
- Step Up to Quality star-rated programs
- Discovery Room with children’s museum exhibits
- Inviting classrooms featured in Inspiring Spaces for Young Children
- Art studio
Award-Winning Company and Leadership
- 40th largest child care company in North America
- Governor’s Award for Excellence in Enterprise
- Ohio’s Outstanding Child Care Director
- Cleveland District’s Small Business of the Year
- BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics
- Chamber of Commerce Athena Award
- YWCA Milestones recipient
- Entrepreneur of the Year
- Manager of the Year
- Exemplary state inspections
- Kindergarten test scores above 80th percentile
- State-recognized K-2nd grade program at our Holland Wolf Creek and Waterville centers